Friday 6 May 2011

Present Tense

Note

Present Tense: 
  • it is used to show habitual action
  • it is used to talk about facts
  • it is used to talk about things which have been arranged for the future
  • to give a running commentary 


Exercise for Students

A student in MRSM Serting wrote her daily entry in her diary. However, there are some grammatical errors in her entry. Read her entry carefully. There are 7 mistakes underlined on Present Tense. Make corrections to each of them. The first one is already corrected.


Dear Diary
29 March 2011
Wednesday, 12.30pm
This is my third week in school. It is now 12.30pm and I'm sitting in the library right now. My classmates are eating lunch together, but I’m not hungry yet. At home, we eat never this early. In English class today, we learn culture shock. It’s a good topic for me right now because I’m being pretty homesick. I miss my old routine. At home, always are eating a big meal at 2.00pm in the afternoon. Then we rest. But here in MRSM Serting, I’m having a 3.00pm preperation class. Everyday I almost fell asleep in class, and my teacher ask me, “Are you bored?” Of course I’m bored. I just need my afternoon nap! This class always is fun. This semester, we are working on a project with video cameras. My team is filming groups of people from different cultures. We are analyzing ‘Social Distance’. That means how close to each other these people stand. According to my new watch, it’s 12.55pm, so I'm leaving for my 1.00pm class. Trainers here really aren’t liking tardiness!

Adapted from Focus on Grammar, Second Edition.

Answer for Teachers
  1. never eat
  2. eat
  3. I have
  4. teacher asks
  5. is always
  6. don't like

Enjoy correcting! 

0 comments:

 

I'm CALLing Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gossip Celebrity